[ADMIN] Additional moderator(s) sought for ubuntu-users list - clarifications

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Mon Oct 3 08:28:45 UTC 2011

On 09/28/2011 09:29 AM, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 28 September 2011 17:20, Cybe R. Wizard<cyber_wizard at mindspring.com>  wrote:
>> The implied intent was pretty clear, Alan.  Sam was asking if the
>> change of meeting time changed the date of meeting.  You replied, "Yes."
>> At the time I, Sam and likely many more took your, "yes," to mean that
>> the meeting /had/ already been bumped to the later date.
>>
> Lack of clarity on both sides then. I'm not taking responsibility for
> absolutely nobody looking at a wiki page and absolutely nobody turning
> up to the meeting. The members of sounder didn't bother so more fool
> them for the list being shut down.

As I attempt to catch up on this thread, it seems clear that those of us
who appreciate this list need to attend CC meetings, right?  Now,
meetings happen  on IRC? Is that right?  I wonder how many of the users
of this list know how to use IRC.

  I've tried a few times and frankly IRC baffles me.  I find it very
hard to follow along and I don't see how it can be used for in depth
meetings or support.  But I guess I can try and learn.

--PE