Was: Shuttleworth (SABDFL) wants to shutdown this ubuntu.user list

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Sun Oct 2 14:30:35 UTC 2011

On 10/02/2011 10:05 AM, Amedee Van Gasse wrote:
>       It also sounds like too much overhead for a mailing list software
> that only has to accept mails and forward them to list members. It
>   sounds more like a job for spam software. You could install that in
>     your mail client.

Mailman already does tons of overhead.  This is nothing.

Here's an example.  Create a new mail account for yourself and send an
e-mail to this list (without subscribing).  The message gets held for
moderation.  A message is sent back to you informing you that the
message is held for moderation *and* provides you an html link to cancel
your own message before it gets addressed by moderator (one way or the
other.).

Mailman is not majordomo.

The point is not to filter undesired threads from your personal
mailbox.  Anyone can do that already and we wouldn't be having this
discussion.  The point is to kill unwanted threads from the list
entirely, so people don't keep replying back and forth on a thread that
doesn't really belong.  (kind of like what I'm doing here, come to think
of it.)