[ADMIN] Additional moderator(s) sought for ubuntu-users list - clarifications

Graham Watkins shellycat.gw at ntlworld.com
Sun Oct 2 09:49:06 UTC 2011

(Arguments snipped)

For what my opinion's worth as a very small scale contributor to this
list,  I've often found it useful in sorting out the problems I've had
with Ubuntu Linux.  Off topic doesn't usually bother me (though if it
does, I simply delete the offending threads).  I see no reason to close
down the list because of it. It doesn't even strike me as a serious
enough problem to require heavy-handed moderation (and moderation always
ends up being heavy- handed).

However, if the list does cease to exist, it will add to the increasing
dissatisfaction that I have been feeling with Ubuntu of late which is
making me seriously consider a switch to Mint Debian.

Just my 2p worth.