Virtual box latest version?

Jim Byrnes jf_byrnes at comcast.net
Sat Oct 1 13:47:17 UTC 2011

On 09/30/2011 09:32 PM, Lucio M Nicolosi wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 10:54 PM, Jim Byrnes<jf_byrnes at comcast.net>  wrote:
>> I am running Virtual box (PUEL) vers 4.0.12_72916 on 10.04. If I click on
>> updates in Virtual Box it tells me that I am running the latest version. But
>> on https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads it says the latest Linux
>> version is 4.1.2.
>>
>> Looking in Synaptic /contrib (download.virtualbox.org) it shows I have
>> version 4.0.12-72916 installed but also shows version 4.1.2-73507 and says
>> it is the latest version.
>>
>> I'm having some problems with a couple of my VM's and want to try the latest
>> VB and guest additions. Will I need to install from Synaptic or will I
>> eventually be offered a chance to upgrade through VB?
>>

> You should first remove v. 4.0.1 and then install v.4.1.2.
>
> L.

A while ago I switched from the OSE to the PUEL version and added the
download.virtualbox line for lucid to my sources.list.  Since then I
have been offered updates to VB.  Does the version jump from 4.0 to 4.1
mean I have to manually install 4.1 to get the update process working again?

Regards,  Jim