backuppc help

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 12:58:18 UTC 2011

I've installed backuppc from the repo on my 11.04 server
>From my 11.04 laptop, I go to the address to login as:
http://192.168.0.100/backuppc/

The authentication dialog comes up, but when I entered the user as backuppc
and the password, it fails.
After checking this a couple of times, I figured that maybe I had the pw
wrong, so I went to a terminal and executed -
passwd -d backuppc

passwd backuppc
New password: xxx
Retype: xxx
Password changed

I returned to the web interface and got the same results. I must be missing
something here, but cannot tell exactly what.
Anyone set this up successfully? Thanks, as always, for the invaluable help!

Regards

Jack