[OT] get rid of OT

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Sat Oct 1 03:29:24 UTC 2011

Hello Kevin,

Friday, September 30, 2011, 8:46:24 AM, Kevin wrote:

>> This was done for Mandrake and worked very well. Why not here? This
>> issue keeps coming up over, and over, and over...

> I could set up a list, but there would be a reliability problem. I
> do have an "always on" machine with enough horsepower, but it's
> subject to the usual problems of home systems. If there's a problem
> with that machine I may or may not have the time and resources to
> restore service quickly. There's zero redundancy, and even in the
> best case it may have to wait for delivery of components. In the
> worst case I may be away, or sick, etc.

I understand - I can't either [I don't even have an "always on"
machine - mine is "usually on" :-) ]. I was hoping someone here would
be able to do it.

> That's why I moved my mailing lists to Google Groups. But I can hear
> that at least some people here don't like "googleness".

Actually, I don't like forums. The "googleness" just makes it
significantly worse. But - I was able to get it working as email, and
that's better, so far. When I start getting ads related to things I
discuss, though, I'll be quite pi**ed.

> I can handle the moderation chores, but it ought to have a more
> reliable server than I can provide.

Agreed...

--

 rikona