Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird Fonts in Ubuntu 11.04

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Tue Nov 29 17:34:14 UTC 2011

On 11/29/2011 06:18 AM, Nibir Mudai wrote:
> The Mozilla FireFox and ThunderBird Fonts in Ubuntu 11.04 look very hazy
> and lack sharpness. The fonts look very dull and doesn't give the
> clarity as compared to MS Outlook. Also in Thunderbird email client, it
> is not possible to choose the font size in digits. This option is very
> much missing. However major issue is the font itself which doesn't look
> acceptable. This needs to be fixed and improved to give a clear and
> crisp view.
>
> Refer to link below:
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/35587/what-is-changed-in-fonts-configuration-from-10-10-to-11-04
>
> Any suggestions??
>
> Thanks// Nibir Mudai
>

> Dear *ubuntu-users!* Get Yourself a cool, short *@in.com* Email ID now!
> <http://secure.in.com/sso/commonreg.php?utm_source=invite&utm_medium=outgoing>

I changed my Thunderbird fonts, although they only change in the view
area of the window. I set them, in Preferences > Display, to Arial and
18 point.

The fonts in Thunderbird and Firefox both are sharp and crisp on my
computer. I would suggest that you look through your screen and video
settings to see if the problem lies there. I also set my standard screen
fonts to Arial in the settings. I like the look and find Arial is much
easier to read than the standard Times font.

--
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain
the  people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the

- Patrick  Henry -