any one working with adb (android) interface ?

scott redhowlingwolves at nc.rr.com
Fri Nov 25 00:52:00 UTC 2011

On 11/24/2011 04:24 AM, J. Bakshi wrote:

> No luck :-( :-(
>

>   ````````````
> ./adb kill-server
>
> ./adb devices
> * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
> * daemon started successfully *
> List of devices attached
>
> ````````````
>

> On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:10:16 +0100
> Michel Racic<michel at racic.ch>  wrote:
>
>> Start the adb server under root, that is a quick way around the usb
>> security.
>> Su bash
>> Adb kill-server
>> Adb devices
>> Exit
>>
>> This should list your device and adb works until the server needs to be
>> restarted

You need to use sudo. So it will be "sudo ./adb kill-server", "sudo
./adb devices". You may need to change the usb connection mode on your
phone, also. I pull down the status bar while the usb cable is connected
and click on "USB connected" and get three options: 1) Charge only; 2)
Mass Storage; and 3) Internet connection.
I had to set mine on 3 (Internet connection) to root it. Also make sure
you have "Unknown sources" checked under application settings as you'll
be changing some binaries.
I hope that works for you. Just let us know if it doesn't.

Scott