OFFTOPIC: Liam wants to argue (Was RE: A task-centric desktop...)

Cybe R. Wizard cybe_r_wizard at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 21 22:29:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 11:07:32 -0600
"W. Scott Lockwood III" <vladinator at gmail.com> wrote:

> Shouting and Whining. Whining more specifically. The implication that
> I was shouting was kind of crass, but calling me and everyone else
> who is vocal whiners is, in my opinion, insulting and a pejorative
> use of the word.

+1

You may have noticed that, throughout all of history, it has been the
dissatisfied who were responsible for all of progress, whether directly
or indirectly.  Dissent is /not always/ whining.

...although it certainly /can/ be.

I suggest that, if you are hearing valid (to someone, anyone) dissent
as whining, you are coloring your opinion with your own ..  feelings
about the matter.  (didn't want to re-use the word, "opinion")

Cybe R. Wizard
	Winduhs