need good way to create screencast

Jason Paul Joines jason at joines.org
Mon Nov 21 20:58:31 UTC 2011

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: need good way to create screencast
From: A. Jorge Garcia <calcpage at aol.com>
To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
Date: 2011.11.20.Sun.21:00:13

     Screencast-o-matic.com definitely works better than anything else
I've tried so far.  It doesn't seem to do full screen though.  The
controls take up a lot of room at the bottom so when you size the
recording area it leaves the taskbar area and controls area unselected.
I need to record a full screen presentation so it then cuts that much
off the bottom of my LibreOffice Impress presentation.  Also, the free
version only does 15 minutes and I need to record about an hour.  Still,
it's probably worth the $12 for one year price since it's the only thing
working really at all so far.

Jason