OFFTOPIC: Liam wants to argue (Was RE: A task-centric desktop...)

W. Scott Lockwood III vladinator at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:07:20 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com
[mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Liam Proven
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 9:07 AM
To: Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions
Subject: Re: A task-centric desktop...

> Yes, I've been tracking it since it first appeared, too. Mind you, my
money was on BeOS for a while,
> and OS/2 before that. Shows how wrong you can be!

I miss OS/2. We agree on that much. BeOS was interesting.

> I daresay that with some time and effort I could come up with a list of
235 direct infringements, yes.
> If you can come up with someone prepared to pay me to do so, I will be
happy to.

So, you get to make claims, but then have to be paid to back them up? The
fail is strong in this one.

> I am not calling any particular individual names.

That's a pretty weak defense. I found your comments insulting. Tell me, do
you also refer to a large group of ethnically similar people by pejorative
names, and then claim it's not racism because you didn't call any one of
them that name? Seems to be the same logic. Anyone who doesn't agree with
you is shouting and whining, but it's ok, because you didn't call any one of
us a shouting whining specifically?

How about we just avoid using pejorative terms at all?

And yes, I did mean there was a small (but important) number of examples of
prior art.

--
W. Scott Lockwood III