installation doubt

Buggs Bunny valambanam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 22:32:02 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 7:50 PM, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:

All you need is:

> /
> /home
> swap
>
> Leave all the rest in `/`. Decades ago on big Unix servers they were
> helpful, but not any more, not when you can just boot a computer off a
> CD into a full graphical Linux desktop and fix things that way.
>
> Having /home separate means that you can share it between multiple
> distros, or wipe & reload one distro without fear that you will lose
> your data. That's why I recommend keeping it separate.
>
> You don't need much space for the / filesystem. 8GB is enough for most
> people, 16GB is generous and 32GB is profligate.

Yeah created in this manner only, please see:

http://postimage.org/image/vp9gi2nex/

However, I have installed it, but I really don't know what some say to have
/home inside the main big partition...so whatever be the reasons (to be
learned later).. but I have installed in this manner.

Morever, I just updated the system, but I don't know how to update Firefox,
its still 3.6.24. I thought updating via 'Update Manager' would update it
too but it dind't though Firefox is in default installation!

Thanks.