My request to ubuntu developer team

Rigved Rakshit r.phate at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 06:55:31 UTC 2011

>  > "As a matter of great curiosity, it is really great to use Ubuntu LTS
>> > edition, yes we all love it. It is stable and highly supportive in all
>> the
>> > manners - detecting all the hard ware by itself and a large repo of
>> > softwares too! But I request for the future editions of LTS, to please
>> never
>> > integrated with it the Unity desktop, since it is so good right now, in
>> the
>> > future versions too, like 12.04, I would be happy to have the desktop
>> which
>> > is right now..."
>>
>> I am sure many people would share your feelings, but it is /way/ too
>> late for that. 12.04 /will/ be based on Unity and Unity-2D for
>> lower-spec hardware.
>>

> Oh I see, if I am late. But I am unhappy to know that 12.04 would be with
> the Unity desktop since I saw many complaints and problems with the Unity
> desktop, that's why (though I have not used Unity desktop). If Gnome2 is
> dead, its okay, Gnome3 is there! But I was not sure (before this post) than
> installing Gnome3 from Unity Desktop would have no impact on the
> perfectness of the distro being in use...

I would suggest you to try out the Unity Desktop environment for at least
more than a week. Do not judge Unity based on what others are saying. This
is because everyone has different tastes. What does not work for some
people, might actually work for you.

I have been using Unity for more than 2.5 months. I have not had any
problems with it.

Best Regards,
Rigved Rakshit