Install onto USB

Richard Owlett rowlett at pcnetinc.com
Tue Nov 15 13:10:05 UTC 2011

Liam Proven wrote:
> On 14 November 2011 15:47, Gilles Gravier<ggravier at fsfe.org>  wrote:
>> Take a PC. Stick the disk in it. Boot on the install CD. Install on the
>> USB stick. Reboot on the USB stick. Run updates. Voila.
>
> Hmmm. I am sure that didn't work, last time I tried. I will try again...

*IT DOES NOT* at least in my experience.
I tried to install to a USB so my Windows(tm) hard rive
would not be touched and I would be able to run the same
Linux install on my desktop and my laptop.

Evidently it is _Physically_ possible but the livecd doesn't
let you do it unless you are already a guru. I've all but
given up on Ubuntu being a usable/suitable/??? distro.