Saved Tabs in Firefox Web Browser no longer in effect?

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 12 20:51:57 UTC 2011

@jimkvg, for some reason you keep replying directly to me instead of
the list, I have included your post in this reply to the list.

http://sessionmanager.mozdev.org/documentation.html

>  (I was disappointed that 'Inbox Search' took over my 'Google Search'
> without my permission.)

No idea what you mean by this.

  When I was searching, I stumbled upon 'Firefox
> Preference' file.  I opened it and then 'Tab' folder.  I couldn't understand
> everything in it because I couldn't get what I wanted.  When I shut down my
> PC and then at a much later time I booted it up, I couldn't find 'Firefox
> Preference' file everywhere to my puzzle.  Maybe I looked in wrong places?

In firefox, Edit > Preferences

>  What more ... I do not like Firefox's new tab system.  I clicked the little
> green cross beside 'Start(1)' and there popped up 'noname(1)'. This same tab
> was copied to next tab everytime I clicked the green cross. I think it is
> ridiculous!
>  I had to double-clicked each tab to get the names of the bookmarks that I
> elected.  I clicked several elected bookmarks to make several tabs, but I
> ended up with '(name)(5)' something like that.    When I done one bookmark,
> I'd like to jump to one of the other tabs, but I was stuck just with one tab
> that is '(name)(5)'.  Also when I clicked on a link in one of mails in my
> mailbox and it was opened to read it, I couldn't go back into my mailbox. I
> had to do the tabbing all over again everytime I clicked open one of my many
> bookmarks!  I felt very frustrated because I like the tab system in the
> Firefox Browser in the older Ubuntu version very much.

Again no idea what you are talking about, sorry. I just cannot follow
what you are saying.  When I click on the cross it opens a new tab
saying New Tab in the tab title, I don't see Start(1) or noname(1) or
anything similar, and what you mean by "I had to double-clicked each
tab to get the names of the bookmarks that I elected" I have no idea.
If you want more help you will have to describe exactly what you do
and what happens.

>  I hope you have something to help me with this problem.  Thank you.  Jim

I am doing my best but not having much success.

Did you try the suggestion from previous post of selecting (in
Firefox) Edit > Preferences > General and for 'When Firefox Starts'
select 'Show my windows and tabs from last time'.

Colin