computers and cold temperatures[OT]

CJ Tres ctres at grics.net
Fri Nov 11 13:01:32 UTC 2011

IS it a bad thing to have a computer operating, say, in a garage during
the cold winters?
I realize there is some discussion on running 24/7 due to heat/cold
expansion/contractions but it this machine were running 24/7 during
winter is there any reason to believe it would be detrimental to the comp?

Also wondering if anyone has any practical experience with storing
CDs/DVDs under cold conditions.
One report I read was full of technical terms but ultimately stated that
there isn't enough data to say one way or the other.