Ubuntu Launcher

Avi Greenbury lists at avi.co
Tue Nov 8 10:36:27 UTC 2011

David Nelson wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 9:54 AM, clanlaw <clanlaw at googlemail.com>
> wrote:
> > On 8 November 2011 03:56, Carlos Havel <carloshavel at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >> When starting Ubuntu 11.10 I, most times, wind up selecting "Dash
> >> Home", "apps", and choosing a program among "87 more results".
> >>
> >> Anybody knows how to replace the 11.10 Launcher for the 11.04
> >> Pulldown Menu?
>
> You can check out this page below and other articles on the same blog
> and use Gnome 3 instead of Unity. You'll probably like it a lot
> better, and it solves your issue mentioned above.

Gnome3 also has no menu by default, and it's own fair share of needing
to rethink how you use your computer, perhaps moreso than Unity for
someone coming from Gnoem 2.

Sure, he *might* like it a lot better, and is perhaps worth suggesting,
but I really don't think it's a solution to someone wanting a
drop-down menu in Unity.

--
Avi