One foot out the door!: I've grown to hate Linux Ubuntu

sdavmor sdavmor at systemstheory.net
Fri Nov 4 18:08:03 UTC 2011

On 11/04/2011 09:15 AM, Jaime Jaramillo wrote:

>  > Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 15:06:22 +0000
>  > Subject: Re: One foot out the door!: I've grown to hate Linux Ubuntu
>  > From: jessejazza3.uk at gmail.com
>  > To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
>  >
>  > On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Amedee Van Gasse
>  > <amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:
>  > > On Thu, November 3, 2011 17:11, compdoc wrote:
>  > >>>Subject: One foot out the door!: I've grown to hate Linux Ubuntu
>  > >>>
>  > >>>Part 1: http://youtu.be/A98xaimAF-g
>  > >>>Part 2: http://youtu.be/2TItsrnmmHw
>  > >>
>  > >>
>  > >> youtu.be? What's that, some Romanian version of youtube? I
> wouldn't open
>  > >> that site...
>  > >
>  > > .be is the ccTLD for Belgium.
>  > >
>  > > According to DNS.be, the Belgian register, youtu.be was registered on
>  > > December 24, 2007 and the current owner is Google Inc., 1600
> Amphitheatre
>  > > Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
>  > >
>  > > But you could have looked that up yourself too.
>  >
>  > I don't know why your complaining so much! Mr Shuttleworth's blog is
>  > quite clear on the direction that he'd like Ubuntu to go in. I think
>  > Ubuntu is the market leader... but there have been one or two problems
>  > on the way.
>  >
>  > I like the minimalist distro and switched to Xubuntu before the
>  > complaints about Unity started. I think you should be asking
>  > yourself... if it's not to your taste why not look at something else
>  > that might be. Plenty of folk like Unity. I like the minimalist setup
>  > and i'll be staying with that - i also think the Xubuntu developers
>  > are an excellent team and i have every confidence in the distro for
>  > the future.
>  >
>  > james
>
> +1
>
> James, I' m totally agree with you.
>
> J3

Another +1.  Though I'd say I lean more towards the Lubuntu
light-weight desktop over the Xubuntu XFCE, having installed it onto
both my laptops.  But both Lubuntu and Xubuntu are excellent
less-is-more platforms for those of us that are not enamored (for
whatever reason) with the march to Unity.
http://mikedickson.org.uk