Ubuntu 10.04.3LTS CD1 not bootable

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Thu Nov 3 16:35:35 UTC 2011

Hello.

Due to a problem with a computer not being able to find its FAT, I
downloaded and wrote Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS CD1 iso to a CD, and tried to
boot from it.

It would not boot on that computer, so I figured that it was a fault in
that computer.

However, I have just tried to boot from that CD, in my laptop, an
HP/Compaq NX5000, and it would not boot. It had a screen with the word
Ubuntu, and about 5 or 6 litle boxes in a row underneath it, and the
boxes lit up in sequence, and it cycled around doing that for a few
minutes, and then the screen went blank and nothing else happened.

I removed the CD, and inserted a Ubuntu 8.04 DVD, and booted from that,
and that worked.

So, it appears that Ubuntu 10.04.3 LTS CD1 iso image, is not bootable.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

  you'll know what the answer means."