whether my system is 32 bit o 64 bit?

Johnny Rosenberg gurus.knugum at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 18:59:18 UTC 2011

2011/10/31 Robert Holtzman <holtzm at cox.net>:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 05:22:27PM +0100, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
>> 2011/10/31 Linux Tyro <ubuntu.bkn1 at gmail.com>:

>> > You mena its 32 bit?
>> >

>> No, it's -64 bits… :P
>
> i686 is 64 bit? Since when?

Since never. I can't imagine what minus sixtyfour bits mean anyway…
Obviously you didn't see my apology for my silly joke a few couple of
minutes before you posted you message, so here it is again, just in
case:

”Ok, just in case someone didn't get my very unnecessary joke there:
 – i686, is it 64 bits?
 – Negative.
 – You mean it's 32 bits?
 – No, -64 bits!

 (64 bits negative = -64 bits, pronounced ”minus sixtyfour bits”…)

 Sorry for making silly jokes in other peoples threads. I think I might
 avoid it from now on.”

Once again, I now realise why jokes are better kept away from serious
discussions, especially silly ones like mine.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg
ジョニー・ローゼンバーグ