What should be the ideal CD/DVD burning speed

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Tue Nov 1 18:53:52 UTC 2011

On 11/01/2011 08:08 AM, Linux Tyro wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 5:25 PM, CJ Tres <ctres at grics.net
> <mailto:ctres at grics.net>> wrote:
>
>     Someone with more  knowledge will probably respond but I prefer to
>     use 8x due to possible errors (wasted media) with faster speeds.
>     I'm never in all that much of a hurry to get a disc burned.
>     Some media brands will have problems burning at higher speeds
>     also, so your choice of brand will make a difference.
>

> Okay but 'Brasero Disc Burner' by default burns at Maximum speed
> untill one chages it manually going into properties!!
>
> --
> Two atoms are walking along. Suddenly, one stops. The other says, "What's
> wrong?" "I've lost an electron." "Are you sure?" "I'm positive!"

> Ubuntu LTS is good!
Practically all--not exactly *all*--burners will burn at max unless you
tell them different.  I agree that it is safer to
burn at a slower speed, but once or twice I forgot to slow it down, and
everything turned out OK.  Even at slower speeds,
they burn pretty quick; it's no hassle to wait a few minutes.

--doug