Speed effects in dual booted box

Hans Muecke ubuntu-ml01 at filderstadtweather.eu
Tue Nov 1 17:47:56 UTC 2011

Am Dienstag, 1. November 2011, um 12:36:51 schrieb Linux Tyro:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 10:53 PM, Hans Muecke <
>
> ubuntu-ml01 at filderstadtweather.eu> wrote:
> > Is the speed of general work (in Ubuntu) is slow in a dual booted box
> > (with
> >
> > > windows and ubuntu), as compared with the case when it (Ubuntu) were
> >
> > alone
> >
> > > in the hard disk. Does it (dual booting) really has some effects on
> >
> > system
> >
> > > speed also, like handling of task(s) (any) in either Ubuntu and / or
> > > Windows.
> >
> > Can't confirm that
> > ...<https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-users>
>
> I forgot to add that Ubunt is not in virtual environment like inside
> Windows, however, it is clear from the OP that 'dual booted' is possible
> only if the partitions are separate (I guess I am true, if wrong, please
> let me know).

My understanding of "dual boot" is that both (or more) os are on seperate
partitions/hard disks. That's how I set up my machines, if I decide to keep
Windows (which I normaly don't do). Therefor I can't confirm any speede (or
other) effects.

--
Talk to you later ... Hans (311 to go)

2011/11/01 17:20
EDDS 011720Z 11003KT CAVOK 11/07 Q1017 NOSIG