problem with touchpad on acer aspire 5750g

Dmitry Batiyevskiy dmitry.batiyevskiy at ardas.dp.ua
Tue Nov 1 15:01:28 UTC 2011

Hello
I have a problem with touchpad on my acer aspire 5750g.
It is recognized as PS/2 mouse, and scrolling on the touchpad doesn't works.
The first thing I tried was to update to 11.10 from 11.04. It wasn't
helpful.
Then I tried to compile my own kernel with patch as advised here
http://pj.freefaculty.org/blog/alps-touchpad-linux-final-statement-now
(patch is https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/350841/), but it don't fix
the problem at all.
I tried to patch 2.6.38.8 and 3.0.4 kernels, sources downloaded from
kernel.org.
If any body can help me I will appreciate.
"xinput list" shows:
⎡ Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer
  (3)]
⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer
  (2)]
⎜   ↳ PS/2 Generic Mouse                        id=13   [slave  pointer
  (2)]
⎣ Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard
(2)]
     ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard               id=5    [slave
keyboard (3)]
     ↳ Power Button                              id=6    [slave
keyboard (3)]
     ↳ Video Bus                                 id=7    [slave
keyboard (3)]
     ↳ Power Button                              id=8    [slave
keyboard (3)]
     ↳ Sleep Button                              id=9    [slave
keyboard (3)]
     ↳ Video Bus                                 id=10   [slave
keyboard (3)]
     ↳ 1.3M HD WebCam                            id=11   [slave
keyboard (3)]
     ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard              id=12   [slave
keyboard (3)]

Thanks.
--
Regards,