Amazing New Tetris(R) Game For Ubuntu!

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue May 31 21:57:52 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 00:37, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:
> On 31 May 2011 22:32, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Step one would be to compile a binary that runs on Ubuntu.
>>

> Uhm. I disagree. Step one would be to get it packaged nicely. One way
> to do that is getting it into a PPA. This allows you to prove that the
> package builds okay on the Launchpad build servers.
>
>> I wish you luck finding someone to do that for you. That is about as
>> likely as asking your neighbours to wash your car every week.
>
> That's not really true at all. There's plenty of people in the Ubuntu
> project who package up other people's software. In fact it's a very
> popular pastime amongst members of the MOTU team. I have packaged
> other peoples stuff up voluntarily and it's been quite rewarding.
>
> If Jesse wants more information about doing this himself he can look
> at the following:-
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Complete
>
> If Jesse wants to see if someone else might be interested he could
> file a 'needs packaging' bug:-
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/NewPackages
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

promote one's software, not for the dev and not for the users.
Especially not on a distro such as Ubuntu which doesn't even ship out
of the box with the tools to build the software.

On the other lists that Jesse posted to I didn't mention a thing,
because for instance the Fedora list is far more technical than this
list and the target user is expected to compile software.

I'll just shut up now! :)

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il