update notification - natty desktop

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 00:11:19 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 3:07 PM, Lucio M Nicolosi <lmnicolosi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Asif Iqbal <vadud3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am running ubuntu natty desktop 64bit with ubuntu classic. How do I
>> get an update notification?
>>
>> I used to get update notification on older ubuntu.
>>
>> I see there are 4 packages that are waiting to be upgraded per `sudo
>> aptitude full-upgrade'
>
> Perhaps
>
> Software Sources / Updates
> or
> Update Manager / Settings

I changed the Automatic Updates from Daily -> Install security updates
without notification to
   Daily -> Only notify about available updates. Let's see if that
kicks the notification in 24 hrs.

I really wanted security updates done automatically and get a
notification on my desktop for other updates.

Any other suggestion out there?