USB mouse stops working

Ioannis Vranos ioannis.vranos at gmail.com
Mon May 30 21:56:56 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 11:56 PM, compdoc <compdoc at hotrodpc.com> wrote:
>>I think you should check whether you have "Legacy USB support" enabled
>>in your BIOS. If not, enable it.
>
> I think Legacy in that case means dos support. This is useful for USB
> keyboards and mice when in dos or possibly even editing bios settings, but
> this is not the fix for his problem.

In my previous PC (around 2008-2009), if I had "Legacy USB support"
disabled, the computer would periodically hang under Ubuntu. This,
together with other stuff I read on the web, made me conclude that
this feature enabled, was better than disabled for my PC then.

In any case, it is worth trying.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net