error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so

debd92 at gmail.com debd92 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 14:03:49 UTC 2011

"When I get to step 5 in section 3.3 and type ./cube I get the following
error

./cube: error while loading shared libraries: libGLESv2.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory"

I think you need to make a symlink of the reported file in /lib; if you all
ready have it installed.
In a terminal window, run:

cd /lib && sudo ln -s /usr/local/lib/libGLESv2.so

then try again. if that doesn't work, probably you don't have the proper
version of openGL installed.
as a second method, to install the proper ver. of openGL, I'd suggest
installing apt-file with
sudo apt-get install apt-file
and then run
apt-file search libGLESv2.so | grep libGLESv2.so
or may be,
apt-file search libGLESv2.pc | grep libGLESv2.pc
the corresponding packages would be listed in the search result on the left
hand.
install the proper package with apt-get.
but first, try the 1st method.

Regards,
debd