Configuring samba on 10.04

Stephen Kuhn yank.down.under at gmx.com
Sun May 29 14:34:09 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 12:07 +0100, Brahim Sakka wrote:
> Hi guys,
>

> Can someone please point me to the easiest (and more efficient) way to
> configure samba shares on ubuntu desktop 10.04?
>

> Thanks in advance

Install "system-config-samba" - very simple and easy tool to use.

That being said, I also use "Webmin" for doing my setups, but it's
apparently not supported in Ubuntu and therefore frowned up. Still works
like a champ (at least for me and my purposes).

There's also "Samba SWAT" that you can use via a web page
configuration...but I just like to keep things simple.

Easy enough to manually edit the /etc/samba/smb.conf - it comes with
enough "notes" to make sense of it...

HTH

--
yankdownunder