downloaded drivers from the Matrox sight

Ioannis Vranos ioannis.vranos at gmail.com
Sat May 28 09:50:22 UTC 2011

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Jon Anderson <jbander at izoom.net> wrote:
> its driver-x86_32-4.4.0.tar.gz for a Matrox g400 (mga drivers don't work) so
> now how can i make it so the video card will use or reconize this driver.
> where do I put it or what do I do ? I'm using ubuntu 11.04.

I do not know if that driver will work since it is old, but here we are:

1. Right-click on the tar.gz and select "Extract here".

2. Open a terminal (Menu: Accesories->Terminal).

3. Assuming the file was in your Downloads directory, and the filename
was matrox_driver-x86_32-4.4.0.tar.gz:

Type: cd  Downloads/matrox_driver-x86_32-4.4.0

4. Type: sudo ./install.sh

It will ask for your password. Proceed with the installation.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net