11.04 install fail

Ioannis Vranos ioannis.vranos at gmail.com
Fri May 27 17:02:02 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 7:26 PM, Tony Pursell
<ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> The point remains, though, that the old 'Classic' look will not be found
> in future Ubuntu releases.  Both Unity and Gnome 3 are the same kind of
> desktop - a dash down the side, quick searching for apps instead of
> menus, etc, etc.  So users need to get used to this new way of working.

Myself do not like the current Unity. If they improve it, and/or they
make GNOME 3 Shell available, I will keep using Ubuntu in the future.

I am not going to use Unity as long as I do not like it. In 11.04 they
provide GNOME 2.32.1 anyway, so since I do not like Unity, I am using
the normal ("classic") GNOME 2.32.1 shell.

I am looking forward Ubuntu 11.10.

--
Ioannis Vranos

http://www.cpp-software.net