Software repository question

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Wed May 25 18:47:42 UTC 2011

On 05/25/2011 01:19 PM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 11:06:04PM -0500, Billie Walsh wrote:
>> On 05/24/2011 10:07 PM, Robert Holtzman wrote:
>
>            .........snip........

>>> Yep. You sure are right. Unfortunately the link is dead on my box. I
>>> think I have a browser or mail client problem. Off to research.X
>>>

>> The gist of the rest of the article was that they have figured a way
>> to do it and already have most of it set up but have made no
>> official release announcement.
>
> I gathered that. I was wondering *how* they would achieve this. BTW, I
> found my problem....an incorrect line in my .muttrc file.

I would assume they would have the software available in the required
formats, .deb, .rpm etc.

A few years back I ran across an "app store" that worked kind of like
that. You chose the program you wanted and what OS you had and
downloaded it. I don't remember where it it was, but I seem to remember
that it was associated with Lindows or something. Something about it
being run by the same group for whatever it was.