[security flaw] Ubuntu is a plain text offender

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Wed May 25 09:11:09 UTC 2011

On 25 May 2011 08:27, Amedee Van Gasse <amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be> wrote:
> You have not read my email. Not good enough, anyway.

Ok, I think we get your point now, no need to labour it, especially on
this list.You know where the bug report is if you want to track the
issue there.

If you want to contact the Ubuntu Security team you can join
#ubuntu-security on freenode irc, or see the ubuntu-security mailing
list (the irony that this is a mailman list is not lost on me).

If you want to discuss this with the Canonical system admins then you
can do so in #canonical-sysadmin on the freenode IRC network. However
I can say that they're unlikely to upgrade it to a version higher than
that in the Ubuntu Lucid repository without a compelling reason. If
you want to file an RT ticket to request that Canonical upgrade then
send a mail to rt at ubuntu.com.

But for now, I'd say this thread needs to end on this list, it's going
nowhere and achieving nothing.

Al.