CPU frequency scaling problem - laptop users, please check this

A. Kromic akromic at gmail.com
Tue May 24 19:12:16 UTC 2011

On 05/24/2011 08:58 PM, Ioannis Vranos wrote:

> Did you try running cpuburn in open terminals, as many as your CPU cores?

No, I've long ago noticed that CPU never goes above lowest speed at full
load even with the most aggressive governor, and believe me I've tried
doing quite a bit of testing since I discovered this. ;) However, that
particular test doesn't matter since the CPU should change frequency
when set explicitly (instead of being handled automatically by the
governor) which it doesn't. The problem isn't the _automatic_ scaling,
but scaling in general doesn't work at all...

I think I've also tried at some time writing directly to /sys interfaces
which should always work, but no luck...

--
A.Kromic
-