[OT] Netbook and Ubuntu

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:11:02 UTC 2011

When the screen died suddenly and I sent the netbook in for warranty repair,
they wiped Ubuntu and restored Windows 7. But I didn't need to update the
video driver again, so I haven't needed to boot it again since it was
repaired.

Somehow this seems to be a breach within the customer service agreement - if
your video hardware component "died" and the solution was a replacement, how
did wiping out the hard drive contribute to the solution??? Did they tell
you that the OS played a part in the problem? I would follow up on this
one...

Jack