[!!] Install the GRUB boot loader on a hard disk

Goh Lip g.lip at gmx.com
Mon May 23 02:15:57 UTC 2011

On 05/23/2011 09:33 AM, Mariano Jara Melagrani/g wrote:
> Goh Lip, thanks for your input and time, I really appreciate your help.
>
> Finally, I did manage to install GRUB, what I did was: I removed the
> ubuntu-alternate cd and load the Xubuntu-alternate cd. That did the
> trick (don't ask me why). But then the pc wouldn't boot at all, all
> there was a blinking dash at the top left corner.
>
> So then I tried to install Lubuntu (failed miserably again!).

Mariano, if you leave that blinking cursor alone for say 50 secs, check
if it will boot by itself. If it boots, there is a way to 'handle'
(cannot/won't wait to get the right word here) this 'problem'.

If it doesn't boot, well, I still cannot help you.
Er, thanks for your thanks.  :)

Regards - Goh Lip