slow startup 11.04

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Sun May 22 18:04:52 UTC 2011

On 5/22/2011 12:54 PM, Jordon Bedwell wrote:
> On 5/22/2011 12:17 PM, compdoc wrote:
>> Heres the original bootchart. So, maybe instead of pointless attacks, you
>> can lend your obvious genius and skillz and tell us all what the problem is:
>> http://picpaste.com/pics/WilliamBiggs-PC-natty-20110519-1-xh0AvrAA.130608248
>> 5.png
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/242589/focus=242704
> Original assumption of external HD/Stick came from:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.ubuntu.user/242694/focus=242700
>
> Also a few questions:
> 1.) What is "skillz"?
> 2.) "Attacks"? I've yet to actually attack you.
> 3.) I also mentioned logs, need me to shoot them off to you?
> --- http://paste.ubuntu.com/611220/plain
>

> The logs indicate:
> - He has a SanDisk Cruzer attached.
> - His CD-ROM sr1 (the second attached removable media) is having issues.
>

> You happy? I helped out before you even asked me to, I can has cookie?
> Thanks.

You know what I just realised, I didn't read that bug all the way.
Unplug that SanDisk Cruzer. It's the SanDisk cruzer that is sr1 (I
forgot it has an emulated CD-ROM) and it's what's causing the problems
and slow boot.  I completely forgot until I reread the bug and looked at
comments aswell as logs instead of just logs.

You can disable the CD-ROM in the SanDisk (I don't remember if it's
still called U3) by going here and using SanDisks own removal tool:
http://u3.sandisk.com/launchpadremoval.htm which will fix the VFS issue
and should (possibly) fix your boot issues.