[!!] Install the GRUB boot loader on a hard disk

Mariano Jara Melagrani/g mjaramelagrani at gmail.com
Sun May 22 16:30:48 UTC 2011

On Sun, 22 May 2011 09:05:54 +0800, Goh Lip <g.lip at gmx.com> wrote:
> Check this
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub-installer/+bug/192938
>
> and see if it can help. Quote  one of the comments below.
>
> > I had the same problem, and like Johnny above realized it was due to
> not connecting the LAN cable during setup so it could configure DHCP.
>
> Regards - Goh Lip

Hi Goh Lip,

Thanks for your reply, I've read the link you posted and I may try some
of the solutions suggested in it.

The LAN cable was connected during the whole install process, and at one
point it asked me if I wanted to introduce any proxy settings, but I
didn't because there isn't a proxy in my LAN.

Mariano