appinventor.googlelabs.com

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Fri May 20 06:18:58 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 8:32 PM, <calcpage at aol.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone on this list is using appinventor? I am following
> the tutorial. I'm up to the point where I have to fire up the "blocks
> editor" and droid emulator. This requires running a *.jpnl file in your
> browser. However, whenever I try to run the file it just downloads and does
> not run. Is there some way around this?
>
> Just tried this out and it works ok. The instructions say to test your
browser and Java implementation by launching the notepad.jpnl file. If Java
is implemented correctly, you should see (as I did) a notepad app. It would
seem that the Java launcher you need is not installed.
I think (iirc) the instructions for setting this up are on the appinventor
test pages.

hth

Jack