Public Apology to Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew and Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong, Sing-a-pore

"Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣" teo.en.ming at gmx.com
Wed May 18 23:25:12 UTC 2011

Dear Members of the ubuntu-users Mailing List,

I was misconstrued as having insulted Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew.
My words were twisted and misinterpreted and I feel that there is a
need to explain myself and set the record straight.

[b]What really happened[/b]

It was sometime in Aug/Sep in the year 2009. The setting was in the
Tampines Central office of Asiasoft Online Pte Ltd. I was having a
***verbal*** conversation with Melvin Lee, my new I.T. department
manager, when he challenged me to complete an I.T. assignment
within a specified period of time. In response to his challenge, I
replied in Mandarin: "If I cannot complete the I.T. assignment
within a specified period of time, then Lee Kuan Yew is wang ba
dan". I used to be fond of using other people's names to "bet" with
people but now no more. The Minister Mentor's name came into my
mind spontaneously and I used it to "bet" with my I.T. department
manager.

[b]Explanations[/b]

1. It was not my intention to insult the Minister Mentor at that
time. Please note the use of the IF... THEN... statement in my
verbal conversation.

2. I did not know wang ba dan [hanyu pinyin] means bastard at all
until I consulted Goh Meng Seng much later.

I would like to apologize to the Minister Mentor and the Prime
Minister of Sing-a-pore if I have offended them in any way. I swear
it was not my intention to insult the Minister Mentor. Please
forgive me for using your name carelessly to "bet" with my former
I.T. department manager.

Yours sincerely,

Sing-a-pore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Dip(Mechatronics) BEng(Hons)(Mechanical Engineering)
Alma Maters:
(1) Sing-a-pore Polytechnic (Graduated 1998)
(2) National University of Sing-a-pore (Graduated 2006)
Sing-a-pore Identity Card No/NRIC: S78*6*2*H
Location: Toa Payoh Lorong 5, Sing-a-pore 310031
Mobile Phone: +65-8369-2618
Date of Birth: 5th March 1978
For Photographs of Sing-a-pore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang
Enming), please google/search for "Teo En Ming" with the double
quotes.