Grub not working

dave boland dboland9 at fastmail.fm
Tue May 17 13:53:20 UTC 2011

On Sat, 07 May 2011 16:20 +0800, "Goh Lip" <g.lip at gmx.com> wrote:
> >> <Spock voice on>
> >> </Spock voice off>
> >

> > Happy?
> > <Spock voice on>
> > nooooo...
> > won't pick up windows either...
> > good luck
> > </Spock voice off>
> >

> Dave, getting back to grub1 will NOT help getting back Windows.
> And I think it's time to move on.

Goh & all others that tried to help,

I have been away from this for a while.  I tried another Linux
distribution and it detected the presence of Windows, but was unable to
start it.  So I tried the Windows Rescue disk, and there is a problem
with Windows.

I decided to install 10.04 LTS because I I don't want to do any major
upgrades in the next year (too much stress).  I got the boot menu to
work but have not dealt with Windows yet.

As soon as I have time, I'm going to install VMWare Player because it
will work with Windows ME and see if it will do the job.  If it does
work well, it will be a lot better than dual booting.  If not, well...

So I want to thank all of you for your help and kindness -- it was
appreciated!

Dave,
--
  dave boland