Upgrade to 11.04

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun May 15 04:58:57 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-05-15 at 05:59 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What would be the suggested method to upgrade to 11.04 from 10.10. I
> suppose there are 2 methods, one is through Update Manager and the
> other is a Clean Install using CD/USB
> Any pros and cons of the above two methods?

I tend to stick with the LTS versions, and do clean installs. I keep a
full backup to another partition, so I can reference my old
configuration. But, I always allow the newer version to install it's new
configuration files. Zero problems with that so far.

What I need to learn to do is make some sort of script that would
re-install all of the other stuff I had installed previously, so I would
have all of my packages back.  Ric

Linux user# 44256