How to sync Evolution 2.32.2 with Google

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat May 14 05:44:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 20:49 -0400, Douglas S. Saylor wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-05-13 at 01:26 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
>
> > Works just fine here... what seems to be the problem? Ric
>
>    I got the calender working! I played within Evolution rather than
> trying to Google instructions. It was SO easy, I missed it the 1st
> time ..."New" then "Calender" (DUH!). Sometimes the answer is SO easy
> it's unexpected!

That IS the trick, finding out which NEW to use!

> Now I need to figure out how to sync my on-line Google address book
> with Evolution. Last (not Ubuntu related) how to (successfully) sync
> Yahoo! & Google calenders. If anyone knows how to do THAT, I've failed
> at it now numerous times.

I have not done it, but I read someone warning about syncing the
addressbook, as you'll wind up with everyone you have ever emailed put
there.

Here's a good link on the google calendar setup and the rest. Note one
of the remarks that says to chose Google instead of CALdev. That is
correct.
http://greeennotebook.com/2010/06/syncing-gmail-and-evolution-contacts-calendars-and-mail-in-ubuntu-10-04/

I just happened to have that one handy. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256