11.04 32 bit or 64 bit for 64 bit AMD sempron

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Fri May 13 07:09:57 UTC 2011

On Friday 13 May 2011 08:34:23 am J wrote:
> FWIW, I run 64bit on everything I have that supports it and the only
> issue I've noticed that was directly attributable to running 64bit was
> getting a working Flash player, but with a few notable instabilities,
> Adobe's experimental 64bit flash player works fairly well. (for a
> fairly loose definition of Well.)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeff

Unfortunately there are more problems with device-drivers that are 32 bit
only. This is _my_ main reason for staying 32 bit for now.

In the long run, 64 bit will become mandatory by 2038, but that's still far
away (actually the problem will probably show earlier if you have to plan a
few years in advance).

Thierry