11.04 32 bit or 64 bit for 64 bit AMD sempron

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Thu May 12 09:04:11 UTC 2011

On Thursday 12 May 2011 07:36:54 am Jon Anderson wrote:
> Should I use the a 32 bit or 64 bit 11.04 when I have a AMD sempron 64
> bit processor. Can I use either or am I restricted for some reason

From what I found in Wikipedia:

"In the second half of 2005, AMD added 64-bit support (AMD64) to the Sempron
line. Some journalists (but not AMD) often refer to this revision of chips
as "Sempron 64" to distinguish it from the previous revision."

If your processor really is 64 bit, I don't imagine any restriction. I would
say that if the 64 bit live CD works a 64 bit install should as well.

Thierry