Grub2 use user friendly(er) names

FireSam ubuntu at e17th.com
Thu May 12 03:02:58 UTC 2011

I don't know if this would work or not but I'll give it a try. How can I
get GRUB2 or whatever decides to choose as the label entries for the menu to
use better (for me) names/labels than the drive number (sdd,sda,etc...). The
reason being if I use an external drive or for other reasons the numbering
changes I want to know which instalation I am booting into. I think that is
the reason ubuntu (or GRUB2 I don't know who does it) uses uuid to identify
the partitions so the computer does'nt mix it up. I wan't to take it a step
further and make it so I don't get mixed up.

Thanks.