<OT> Re: Unity ROCKS not!!!

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Tue May 10 22:54:29 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 08:54 +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> > Well, I can't burn rubber at all with mine but it does go from 0 to 60 in 4.73
> > seconds and I average 31 mpg.  It is a 6 speed manual, four cylinders, and has
> > all the factory United States mandated smog control functions still on the
> > car, its even legal in California!  Nothing special, just a bog standard
> > straight off the showroom floor, sold in the US, 2010 vehicle.
>
> 31 mpg for a 2010 4-cylinder 2010 car. Thats terrible. The US could do
> with catching up with the rest of the world in this area.

8 mpg with 1977 Chevy 350 with 4 barrel Holley. I can pull tree stumps
with it though and do, if I cut enough side roots. It'll pull darn near
anything, and never overheats. Oh yeah sidepipes, too. Just starting it
wakes up everyone in the vicinity. I just have to get that tranny out to
fix a leaking seal. Be damned if I work under it with jacks though. :)
Ric
p/s California would shoot me for crossing their borders with this
thing. There ain't much legal about it. But, I wouldn't have it any
other way. Zoom! Zoom!

Linux user# 44256