ppa directory disappeared

Jordon Bedwell jordon at envygeeks.com
Tue May 10 12:09:48 UTC 2011

On 5/10/2011 6:53 AM, Joep L. Blom wrote:
> Thanks, Yes I found that also. But where are the main packages for Lucid
> 64-bit? It is annoying when the packager removes an active version,
> especially when it is a LTS version.

There are no packages for Lucid because the author no longer supports
it, presumptively.  You'll have to use his profile page on launchpad to
contact him and ask him why he stopped supporting an LTS release.

It's absolutely up to the author what versions of Ubuntu he/she supports
when it comes to PPA.  They are not confined to the support requirements
of Canonical.

Sometimes it just happens that they accidentally do it though.  There
have been times I've emailed and asked an author why such is such and
they admit it was a mistake and fix it pretty quickly so I would
certainly suggest (again) you contact him/her and see if it was intended
or accidental.