Unity ROCKS not!!!

Pastor JW pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org
Tue May 10 03:02:21 UTC 2011

On Monday, May 09, 2011 12:17:00 pm Ric Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-05-09 at 20:03 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry. Give the _american_ average automobile driver (maybe UK or
> > > Australia too). Here in Switzerland it would be the opposite.
> >
> > Also in the UK most would choose manual.  We don't want any sissy
> > things like automatics here.
>
> I can burn rubber in second gear, with a hopped up 350 V8, in my 1977
> Chevy pickup, coupled to a good automatic. Somehow, somewhere, all the
> smog control gadgets disappeared... like magic. Beats me! With the cost
> of fuel now, I'm afraid to start it. <shrugs> Ric

Well, I can't burn rubber at all with mine but it does go from 0 to 60 in 4.73
seconds and I average 31 mpg.  It is a 6 speed manual, four cylinders, and has
all the factory United States mandated smog control functions still on the
car, its even legal in California!  Nothing special, just a bog standard
straight off the showroom floor, sold in the US, 2010 vehicle.  I do understand
the same car in the rest of the world is a mite quicker and has few more
horsepower than we in the US are allowed to have but I'm very happy with what
I drive. I drive a nice little family sedan with leather interior.  I actually
did entertain buying the car in a different American country as I could get
twin turbos there but stayed 40 miles south of that border and bought in the
United States.  Still, what I enjoy most is evenings on my old Harley and nice
mountain roads!  ... also a manual but just five speed.

--
73 de N7PSV aka Pastor JW <n><   PDGA# 35276
http://the-inner-circle.org  _Registered Kubuntu User: #27403