HELP

John Humphrey johnbhumphrey at gmail.com
Mon May 9 16:10:14 UTC 2011

I have an IBM Thinkcentre Desktop and have recently installed Ubuntu 10.10
on it. Here is the setup I'm using:
Main router is Sagemcom 1704
Repeater is Linksys wrt54g v6 with ww-drt firmware converting it to a
repeater
Wireless adapter is Netgear WG111v2
At first, it worked fairly well. I didn't use any drivers, just plugged it
in and it worked. As time passed, the connection became slower and slower.
My questions are:
1. Do I need to install the Netgear drivers?
2. Do I need to use another configuration on the router and/or repeater
beside the default?
3. How do I raise the wattage going to the Wireless adapter via usb? The
adapter requires 200 -300 mW but only receiving 71 mW.
I think my problem lies somewhere within these questions. The signal is
adequate staying at the upper 70's and lower to mid 80's.
I am pretty computer savvy using Windows but Ubuntu is new to me. I am very
happy with Ubuntu and will not go back to Windows
so I need help to figure this out.
Thank you in advance.

--
*John Humphrey*