Passwords?

Pete psmouty at live.com
Mon May 9 12:49:08 UTC 2011

On 09/05/11 13:37, Barbara Tobias wrote:
> This is certainly not a show-stopper, but I am puzzled.  I am using
> Ubuntu 11.04.
>
> Originally I had to enter one password as my system started.  At some
> point I discovered that I had to enter that password twice.  I'm not
> entirely sure when this started as I just assumed I had typed something
> wrong and did it again.
>
> After the last update, I now have to enter the same password three
> times--and I've done it very carefully to be sure I'm not making typos.
> Is there something I need to set?  Thanks.
>
> 	Barbara

Hi,

Don't know if this will put you on the right track, but when first
installed mine was set for auto login (no pswd), but when I entered my
wireless key it stored it on the keyring(?) which needs a password to
unlock it! (some people use the same password as login / root, some do
not citing better security on multi user systems etc.)

On previous versions I set my update manager to check on system start
and that required my root password to update package lists (I now don't
bother with this as too many pswd's needed at login!!)

Too help further please look at top of the password box and it should
tell you which password it's looking for (even if they are all the same
physical word, phrase, numbers, etc.) and somebody will be able to
assist further.

regards Pete